IMPORTANT: Hot-plug capability and drive LED support are only available when a supported optional controller is installed in the server.
To remove the component:
- Back up all data on the hard drive.
- Power down the workstation blade.
CAUTION: To prevent improper cooling and thermal damage, do not operate the server unless all bays are populated with either a component or a blank.
- Remove the hard drive.
To replace the component, reverse the removal procedure.
When adding hard drives to the workstation blade, observe the following general guidelines:
- The system automatically sets all drive numbers.
- If only one hard drive is used, install it in the bay with the lowest drive number.
- Drives must be the same capacity to provide the greatest storage space efficiency when drives are grouped together into the same drive array.
Optional storage controllers provide support for hot-plug capability and drive LEDs. Controller options are:
- The embedded controller supports non-hot-plug SATA hard drives. Drive LEDs are not supported.
- Optional SATA controllers support hot-plug SATA hard drives and drive LEDs.
- Optional SAS controllers support hot-plug SAS or SATA hard drives and drive LEDs.
NOTE: ACU does not support mixing SAS and SATA drives in the same logical volume.