WARNING: To reduce the risk of personal injury from hot surfaces, allow the drives and the internal system components to cool before touching them.
To remove the component:
- Power down the workstation blade.
- Remove the workstation blade.
- Remove the access panel.
- Remove all hard drives.
- Remove all hard drive blanks.
- Remove the hard drive backplane.
- Remove the front panel/hard drive cage assembly.
- Remove the heatsink.
To replace the component:
- Clean the old thermal grease from the processor with the alcohol swab. Allow the alcohol to evaporate before continuing.
- Remove the thermal interface protective cover from the heatsink.
CAUTION: To avoid damage to the system board, processor socket, and screws, do not overtighten the heatsink screws. Use the wrench supplied with the system to reduce the possibility of overtightening the screws.
- Align and install the heatsink. Alternate tightening the screws until the heatsink is seated properly.
- Install the front panel/hard drive cage assembly.
- Install the hard drive backplane.
- Install the hard drives.
- Install the hard drive blanks.
- Install the access panel.
- Install the workstation blade.