Preventing electrostatic discharge
To prevent damaging the system, be aware of the precautions you need to follow when setting up the system or handling parts. A discharge of static electricity from a finger or other conductor may damage system boards or other static-sensitive devices. This type of damage may reduce the life expectancy of the device.
To prevent electrostatic damage:
- Avoid hand contact by transporting and storing products in static-safe containers.
- Keep electrostatic-sensitive parts in their containers until they arrive at static-free workstations.
- Place parts on a grounded surface before removing them from their containers.
- Avoid touching pins, leads, or circuitry.
- Always be properly grounded when touching a static-sensitive component or assembly.